Cerca del Fuego
26 November 2019
After extensively studying Cardenal Mendoza’s history and flavour profile; I knew that I had to come up with something that would compliment all of the beautiful flavours in the prestigious brandy. I wanted something that people would crave at the end of a night with a cigar in hand; so I went for a digestif cocktail that is that perfect post-dinner serve. The cocktail’s profile is smokey with hints of spice from the infusion and oban 14 mist, with lingering flavours of white grape and beautifully sweet sherry.
- 45ml Cardenal Mendoza Brandy infused with toasted cloves, star anise and cinnamon smoke (char cinnamon sticks and add them to an air tight container when still smouldering)
- 10ml Madagascan Cola syrup (made from boiling Madagascan Cola drink until it becomes of light syrup consistency)
- 5 drops of chocolate bitters
- Glass rinse with Belsazar rose vermouth
- 3 sprays Oban 14yr single malt whisky mist to coat the top layer of the cocktail.
- To garnish: orange peel pierced with a burned clove, and peg to side of glass.
Stir all ingredients with ice in a mixing glass except for the glass rinse and whisky mist. Serve straight into a chilled coupette glass.
See more Brandy cocktails