The three kings are on the way so we have to get the roscón prepared! But this year we will cook it differently, with cacao and Cardenal Mendoza brandy.
- 360 gr. strength flour
- 2 eggs
- 85 ml. warm milk
- 65 gr. sugar
- 40 ml. Cardenal Mendoza brandy
- 25 gr. melted butter
- 25 gr. cocoa powder
- 20 gr. baker's yeast
- 1 dash cinnamon powder
For the filling:
- Laminated almonds
- Sugar glass
- Red cranberries
- Sticks cinnamon
- Mix the flour with cinnamon and cocoa powder.
- Dilute baker's yeast in warm milk.
- Lightly beat eggs with sugar, melted butter, brandy and milk.
- Add the mixture of flour, cinnamon and cocoa and knead until you get a homogeneous, soft and elastic dough.
- Cover with a cloth and let rest 90 minutes.
- Stretch the dough slightly to give it the shape of a ring.
- Cover with a cloth and leave to ferment for 1 hour.
- To paint the roscón with a little olive oil and to decorate with the frosty fruit.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180ºC.
- Allow to cool and cut in half horizontally.
- Fill with the custard and cover again with the lid.
- Sprinkle over with a little grated white chocolate.